The ground is warming up and drying out after a very wet winter and the Spring jobs are mounting up:
- Start planting your summer flowering bulbs and plant out forced bulbs from indoor winter displays.
- Top dress your containers.
- Get on top of your weeds before they get on top of you!!
- Plant new and divide established perennials.
- Feeding – essential for all plants and particularly for fruit trees after last years mega harvest.
- Ideal time to mulch to show off plants and keep weeds suppressed as long as your soil is warm and dry enough.
- Dig in lots of organic matter for your beds.
- March/April is the best time to plant deciduous plants and April/May is better for evergreens.
- Remember to guard against rabbits.